Saturday, December 11, 2010

Jake and Bake





I have found that in many facets of my life, from cooking to dressing, I enjoy mixing things that don't usually go together but that are great on their own, and mixing A LOT of these things. It's a masterpieces-are-never-finished kind of thing. I always go for the best in each category of piece I am looking for, which sounds like it would perpetuate a more "clothes make the man" line of thinking than the more favorable "man makes the clothes" perspective. But if you're doing it right, no one is able to argue the results. That's what this champ has done. 


The chunky coat (note those authentic toggles and brand's signature print peeking out) creates a faux-prep feel that is followed up by the two-tone chukka/topsider hybrids- now THAT'S how you wear "boat shoes," kids. The backpack is a nice added touch to this theme.


The pièce de résistance of this outfit is the turquoise and silver ring the guy is wearing. Perfect pairing with the duffel coat somehow and it's masculine jewelry done right on a guy that I think we can all agree isn't exactly the stereotype of a guy's guy. It's inspiring.


Perhaps my favorite part of this look, though, is that the guy is wearing reputable brands that are not showy, and includes only one haute-couture designer and one personal piece to display a level of balance, modesty, and honesty that few can. This is reflected throughout the things I've mentioned and a few things I left to make an impression without my mention, and it's one of the reasons why this is my new favorite post.


P.S. For bonus points, play hide and seek with the guy's tattoo. I promise there's one visible in the photos.

-Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment